SPRING Technologies announces NCSIMUL TOOL 2.6… a new version that brings more automation, enriched functionality and Cloud capability
Time-saving, enhanced traceability and flexibility
SPRING Technologies, vendor of solutions that maximize the productivity of NC machine tools, announces version 2.6 of NCSIMUL TOOL, its real-time cutting tool data and process management solution.
Optimized cutting parameter traceability, greater flexibility, computing power, and enhanced ergonomics with direct access to elements from the assemblies window offer NCSIMUL TOOL users all the functionalities they need to achieve greater and more secure productivity.
Another key new feature of NCSIMUL TOOL 2.6 is the partnership with Machining Cloud enabling uses to directly access and download very precise cutting tool data (3D models, cutting conditions, and tool parameters), supplied by the world's leading tool makers such as Kennametal and WIDIA.
“By teaming up with Machining Cloud and harnessing our leading-edge technologies, we have enhanced NCSIMUL TOOL 2.6, which now offers quick and easy tool updates, better traceability and optimal security via the Cloud”, explains Olivier Bellaton, Managing Director, SPRING Technologies.
The main new features of NCSIMUL TOOL 2.6
- Data imports via the Cloud with Machining Cloud;
- Enriched user experience;
NCSIMUL TOOL 2.6
Direct data imports into NCSIMUL TOOL via the NOVO application.
With V2.6 of NCSIMUL TOOL, the ability to recover 3D tool characteristics in a single move, in compliance with standard 13399, is now up and running. Today, the interaction between NOVO and NCSIMUL TOOL is complete and automatic. Users can quickly and easily access a substantial library of tool catalogues via the cloud, streamlining the tool management process.
Other tool makers will be brought on line in coming months. The major benefits for users are:
- Time savings when loading tool databases into NCSIMUL TOOL, and global visualisation of the maker's catalogue for new tools not yet in inventory.
- A machining process secured by updates of tool data required by NCSIMUL Machine for machining and NC program simulation.
- Direct access to the latest maker recommendations on speeds and cutting conditions.
- Highly intuitive decision support when looking for new cutting tools, with the ability to choose materials that guarantee optimal use.
Enriched user experience: the computing power of NCSIMUL TOOL 2.6 enables enhanced intuitiveness, traceability, security and flexibility, all adding up to more Productivity!
- The automation of cutting parameter calculations based on other parameters (e.g. drill bit point height relative to diameter), facilitates tool definition. Users save time and enjoy greater security with no need to re-enter data.
Cutting parameter traceability. All changes are automatically traced and logged. This means that users can trace back flawed parts to easily identify the tool that caused the problem.
- Programs can be restarted with or without a new tool measurement, by taking into account different scenarios (manipulation error, effective program restart, etc.). This increases flexibility when re-machining a part that has already been machined.
- Intermediary elements in an assembly are factored into calculation and cutting condition formulae. NCSIMUL TOOL 2.6 is able to execute complex calculations to check or compute values when creating an assembly. This means more robust checks between CAM and NC machine tool.